Fighting For Your Children

The law is clear in Texas. Child custody arrangements must be in the best interest of the child. But what does that mean in your case? What is in your child's best interest? You and your child's other parent may have dramatically different answers to these questions, which is why it is critical to enlist a lawyer who can fight to protect your relationship with your child.

At the Law Office of Stacy Kosub, PLLC, in Wichita Falls, we come to these family law cases with more than 15 years of legal experience. We always begin by getting to know you and your child. What does your relationship currently look like? Are you a stay-at-home parent? How much time do you currently spend with your child? Do you take him or her to school every day? Are you involved in after-school activities?

How Child Conservatorship Works

Once we get a complete understanding of the situation, we will make recommendations and educate you about child custody and visitation laws.

In Texas, child custody is referred to as child conservatorship. It comes in two forms: managing conservatorship and possessory conservatorship. Managing conservators are empowered to make decisions about important issues in the child's life, from education to medical care. The child lives with the managing conservator. Managing conservatorship can be further broken down into sole or joint managing conservatorship. Possessory conservators will have access to the child at certain times.

What is important to realize is that, despite the many terms associated with child custody or conservatorship, there is a great deal of room for flexibility. Typically, what is considered to be in the best interest of the child is for the child to maintain strong relationships with both parents. We can assist you in pursuing arrangements that not only protect your relationship with your child, but adhere to the legal standard of the best interest of the child.

Free Consultation About Child Custody

You can discuss child custody, divorce and paternity in a free consultation with an experienced attorney. Call 940-767-8888 or get in touch by email.